28 August 2011

Seattle Vacation

We traveled to Seattle this month. Oh my goodness, could I love it any more? I knew I would love it before we went, and have been dreaming of visiting ever since I was a little girl. Remember the movie Sleepless In Seattle? Yeah, that sort of did it for me back then, and I've been yearning to visit ever since.



This was a dream come true, and I wasn't the least bit disappointed. You know how sometimes things seem better in your imagination and then when they happen in real life it's a real letdown? Not this time! I loved, loved, LOVED every part of this experience. We camped, had fires, visited the Seattle Zoo, the Marketplace, the aviation museum, strolled along the harbor and just generally had a great time.

It's just beautiful. The weather was great while we were there, and we fell in love with the laid-back attitude. Although it' a large city, it doesn't really feel like one. Everyone is free to do their own thing, there's a bit of a hippie vibe going on. We will return for another visit someday, maybe sneak in another trip while we still live in the West!



Being such  huge Starbucks fans, we dragged the boys to the original location. Heaven! It wasn't what I expected, although now, I'm not sure what I WAS expecting! It was great and totally exceeded whatever I thought I was going to encounter.

We first camped at Bay View State Park for a night, before making our way down to Seattle. Excellent camping here. We had a trailer, but got there too late for water/power hook-ups.  It didn't matter though, and I can honestly say that I'd tent camp here (I generally dislike tent camping). We cooked dinner over a fire and went to bed early. Next morning we woke up to a beautiful sunrise and a slight chill in the air. After a quick breakfast, we went down to explore the beach (photos below) then headed back to the trailer to pack up and drive to Seattle.
 
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story. Part II coming tomorrow, our visit to Seaside, Oregon!
Bay View State Park, Washington
Boys at Bay View State Park
  
bay view state park
View of Ocean at Bay View State Park- Excellent Camping here!
 
Early Morning on the Beach

original flagship starbucks in Seattle, WA
Original Starbucks Location!

inside the original starbucks
Inside Starbucks
Another view inside Starbucks

Harbor in Seattle
at Beecher's Cheese factory Seattle Washington
Beecher's Cheese Factory

pike market flowers
Flowers at the Pike Market

Outdoor Cafe setting up for day

Garlic and Hot Pepper Bouquets in Marketplace

View of Harbor

Sunflowers brighten the Marketplace



queen anne hill Seattle
Cute balcony on home in Queen Anne Hill
Wooden Statue in Harbor

Beautiful gardens grow here

Giraffe at the Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle
Laughing Giraffe at Woodland Park Zoo

Driving down Queen Ann Hill, Seattle
Driving down Queen Anne Hill. Crazy long and steep!

Seattle Space Needle
Space Needle

No comments:

Post a Comment