05 June 2012

Poor, neglected blog

I started this and didn't get very far! I keep thinking about writing, but then don't end up actually DOING it.

We are coming up on our last year here already. It's gone quickly. I have a ton of photos to post from the past few years.

Things I'll miss:
  • Beautiful summer, it is so gorgeous here, green everywhere 
  • So MANY trees!
  •  The lake, not huge, but not tiny either. 
  • The way the lake looks different everyday. 
  • Little traffic, and few traffic lights- there were 9 when we got here, think we're up to 11 now?
  • Outdoor fires in the backyard. 
  • Our house (nearly done with renos!) 
  • My sister being just 6 hours away
What I won't miss:
  • Lack of amenities
  • Distance to the city
  • How far away the airport is- 4 hours one way is TOO far!
  • Being so remote
  • At the same time, having neighbours so close. Why build on top of each other when we have infinite space available?
  • The long winter. Nine months of snow is just too much
  • No humidity. It never truly gets warm enough for me to want to wear shorts. On the flip side, out East is TOO humid. I know where the perfect balance does exist- Hawaii!
We've had a good couple of years here. Heading into our third summer, we have some plans to enjoy what may be our last one before we are thrown into the chaos once again of selling, buying, moving and settling in someplace new.

No comments:

Post a Comment